Primary School Tutoring
Key Stage One and Two
Iona Wigg - PRIMARY ENGLISH AND MATHS
- Primary school tuition in Literacy and Numeracy
- SATS coaching for Key Stage 2 Tests
- 11+ and Common Entrance Exams
- Degree from University of Edinburgh in History of Art
- PGCE at Institute of Education, London
- I am also qualified to teach English as a Foreign Language.
- I am a fluent Spanish speaker, having taught in Argentina for 3 years.
I have been a qualified teacher for over 8 years and trained and worked in London before moving to Wiltshire in 2013. I have taught children between the ages of 4 and 13 both in the classroom and on a one-to-one basis. Currently I work part time in a local school and tutor children in English and Maths. I have experience in supporting children with specific learning difficulties as well as preparing children for exams.
Contact me on 01672 851724 or
Christine Ellerby B.Ed PG Dip SpLD/Dyslexia
- Primary school tuition in English and Mathematics
- SATS coaching for Key Stage 2 tests
- 11+ and Common Entrance exam preparation
- Full diagnostic dyslexia assessment reports
- Specialised multi-sensory programmes for learning difficulties
Qualifications and Memberships
- B.Ed Degree in Geography and Education (London)
- PG Dip. SpLD/Dyslexia (Bath)
- AMBDA Associate Membership of the British Dyslexia Association
- PATOSS Full Membership of the Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Full DBS check
A specialist primary tutor with over 30 years teaching experience. I have worked in mainstream education as a Deputy Head Teacher and more recently as a Year 6 Booster Teacher. I’ve taught a large number of children for secondary school entrance exams over 25 years with 100% success rate and a number have received scholarships and bursaries. I have also helped many children who have been underachieving in the classroom environment, invariably suffering with low self esteem. One-to-one tuition helps to address this and as a result these children have markedly improved their levels of achievement. Having completed a Diploma in SpLD/Dyslexia I am also able to offer full diagnostic dyslexia assessments and multi-sensory specialised programmes of study for those with specific learning difficulties.